Call for Proposals Special Round SUBCIP Application Form14-07-2020
Call for Proposals Special Round SUBCIP
Deadline: July 24th, 2020
This application form should be completed by the firm and signed by an authorized official of the firm.
The pilot Fund for Innovation in Suriname (IFS) seeks to promote innovation and competitiveness in firms in Suriname. In response to the challenges posed by the COVID pandemic, a special round of the IFS will be held to support the private sector response to the crisis. This special round seeks to finance proposals along the following action lines.
- Activities to strengthen firms’ capacity to promote local production in all sectors, to provide employment, food security and increased exports in response to COVID (maximum amount of SRD equivalent of US$25,000, to be paid by the Central Bank of Suriname exchange rate);
- Support to promote digitalization of firms, through the acquisition of hardware, software, or online training tools promote firms’ presence online, the use of teleworking and the digitalization of production processes (maximum amount of SRD equivalent of US$15,000 to be paid by the Central Bank of Suriname exchange rate)
Grants will be allocated first to firms with proposals eligible for action line (i), then to firms with proposals eligible for action line (ii).
Determination of eligibility. General eligibility for consideration will only be granted to firms that provide evidence of:
- is registered at the Chamber of Commerce;
- being in good standing with the tax authorities;
- having a track record of performance.
Specific eligibility for the action lines of this call will be determined by the IFS Advisory Committee, as a function of the coherency of the project proposed, as well as the alignment between the project proposed and the objective for funding of the indicated action line. All applications must indicate under which action line they are seeking consideration, and provide an explanation of their proposal, and the expected benefits of the proposal. Firms will not be considered for more than one grant.
The following aspects of the proposed projects will also be considered in the evaluation of the application for a grant:
- Potential increase in Foreign revenue;
- Neutral or positive impact on the environment and social responsibility (clean production, organic production, etc.);
- The incorporation or participation of women, youth and vulnerable groups;
- Increase in employment;
- Increase of local content and encouraging the use of local goods and services.
- FIRM ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
- Name of the firm:
- Sector/ industry in which the firm operates:
- Registration number at the chamber of commerce in Suriname:
- Name of President or CEO:
- Name of the main contact for this application:
- Preferred phone number:
- The number of years in operation:
- The number of employees:
- Firm Revenues in 2019:
- Describe the firm's comparative advantage(s):
- CONTEXT OF THE ACTION LINE
- Action Line that this proposal corresponds to (please indicate which of the following 2):
- Action Line 1. Activities to strengthen firms' capacity to promote local production in all sectors, to provide employment, food security and increased exports in response to COVID (maximum amount of SRD Central Bank of Suriname exchange rate equivalent of US$25,000);
- Action Line 2. Support to promote digitalization of firms, through the acquisition of hardware, software, or online training tools promote firms' presence online, the use of teleworking, and the digitalization of production processes (maximum amount of SRD Central Bank of Suriname exchange rate equivalent of US$15,000).
- Amount of the proposed project:
- THE INITIATIVE (not more than 1 page)
- The objective of the Project. Given the context and opportunities identified, what is the purpose of this project?
- What are the growth opportunities for this project?
- What is the projected increase in foreign revenue associated with this project?
- Are there any social or environmental impacts expected by this project (positive or negative)? If there are any negative impacts expected, how will they be managed?
- Will this project benefit women, youth, and vulnerable groups?
- How many jobs will be maintained or created as a result of this project?
- What is the project amount of imports that will be offset by the use of local goods and services supported by this project?
- Please provide additional details related to the initiative and any of the questions mentioned in this section in the following box.
Letter of Agreement
Instructions: Make sure that the letter is signed by the President or CEO of the institution submitting the Proposal;
Competitiveness Unit Suriname in the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Tourism
Havenlaan no 1
To Whom It May Concern:
[Name of Company] hereby declares that the company agrees to the committee’s decision.
Name of legal representative: